The Crusader

“The Shield” yearbook is still on sale for students

Sydny Centeno, Contributing Writer

The Monroe-Woodbury High School Yearbook, “The Shield,” is now on sale for the 2017-2018 school year. According to the M-W website, the yearbook is put together by the students and advisers of the yearbook club and can be purchased in room 142 for $100. Sales started on October 7, 2017, and will continue throughout the remainder of the school year.

The yearbook has over 300 pages, filled with pictures from school functions such as spirit week, clubs, sporting events, and other student activities.

“It captures moments from the everyday life of students in the high school,” said Oke.

High school senior Cenai Christian said that she had already purchased a yearbook online at the beginning of the year. She said that she can barely wait until it arrives, but she feels a little sad because it marks the end of her high school “journey.”

“I am excited to see my friends and reminisce over my senior year,” said Christian.

High school sophomore Savannah Stoeckert said that although her senior year is a few years away, she is already excited for the day her senior yearbook arrives. She said that she has already set money aside for her class ring and yearbook, which she will purchase during her senior year.

“I basically have everything planned out except the color pen I want people to use when they sign it,” Stoeckert said.

“It’s a big thing for me,” said Stockert. “You only get to graduate high school once, yearbooks seem to be the thing that will forever remind you of your time in high school and the people you spent it with, and that’s something I don’t ever want to forget.”

The yearbook is produced by the Herff Jones company who, according to their website, produce graduation caps, invitations, gowns, class rings, and yearbooks.

When The Crusader speaks, the world listens