The Crusader

National Honor Society welcomes new inductees

Gavin Otero, Staff Writer

In January, the National Honor Society more than doubled in size as it welcomed its newest inductees.

Seventy-nine students, from both the junior and senior classes, were inducted on Wednesday, January 3 in the high school auditorium. The induction was postponed due to inclement weather from the original induction date, December 14.

The inductees attended three rehearsals in order to prepare themselves for the night of the ceremony where their family, friends, and school officials were all in the audience. The ceremony ran as planned under the careful planning and advisement of Ms. Saraceno, the National Honor Society adviser.

Inductees were individually called up to the stage where they were greeted by Principal Kaste, Ms. Saraceno, and the current NHS officers. The NHS officers recited the National Honor Society oath to character, leadership, and service, and the inductees were officially made the newest members of the National Honor Society. After this event, they were able to add their name to the collection of honor society member names in the club’s ledger.

“It was a great honor,” said inductee Sohan Saha, “to take the oath and pledge my allegiance to NHS.”

Many new inductees are proud to be part of a nationally recognized organization and eager to begin their contributions to the club and community.

“Being a part of NHS was always something I had hoped to achieve,” said junior Evan Beers. “Now that I am part of it, I think it will definitely help guide me to new opportunities in the future.”

When The Crusader speaks, the world listens